Web Design / Web Development
Web design is far more than just a nice looking website. Standards are at the heart of every web site we produce. We know that you take pride in your business, and we are no different. If it is not 100% right, it is wrong. We do not produce cheap results, we build sites on solid foundations that we are proud to stand by.
We do not have a set pricing plan for our websites and other services. This is because every website has different requirements. We like to take a holistic approach to your online presence and would rather turn down your business than provide you with half a solution.
If your business only requires a small brochure site, then it will not cost the earth.
Quotations and consultations are free. We need to understand your business in order to give you a product that suits your requirements. Prices will range between aproximately €890 and €5,000 euros. Payment plans are available for higher end services. SEO / Social Media training is charged at daily rates although some may be included in your website package.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Web Design is simply how your site looks. Website Development relates to how it works. Do you need....
- A CMS (Content Management System) that allows you to update the content of your own website?
- Forms for users to contact you?
- Payment solutions to allow payments to be made on your website?
- RSS feeds so that your Data can be syndicated?
- Integration with Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and other social media sites?
- A blog integrated into your website?
Most of these features run from databases. This increases the cost of a site, but it also makes them much more flexible and creates a much better environment for Search Engine Optimisation.
How to choose a Web Developer / Web Designer
We know that you will want to get several quotes. This section is a checklist you should run through with any web designer/developer.
- Will the website domain be in my own/company name?
- If not then you will not actully own the site. This could get messy down the line
- Will I have access to the control panel?
- Again this is about access to your own site. If you want somebody else to work on your website at any stage then you will need all the access codes and user names.
- Will my website comply with W3C standards?
- W3C standards are website standards. They are vital for 'future proofing', complying with Google webmaster advice, and for cross browser compatibility. Again, if it's not right.. it's wrong.
- Will my website have a CMS?
- Will you be able to change your website content with ease or will there be a charge for every change?
- Will my website have a sitemap?
- A sitemap is a vital component of a website. It tells search engines what pages are on your site, how important you think they are relative to one another and when they were last updated.
- Is any SEO included?
- We include basic onpage/onsite SEO as standard in all our sites. After all, what use is a website if it can't be found. Simply complying with standards and best practice sets up your website for a good start.
- Will I have access to Analytics, Webmaster Tools etc.
- Google Analytics should be set up on every website. You need to be able to measure performance. Beware of reluctance to set up Webmaster Tools for you. This generally signifies that the website will not conform to guidelines. Google Webmaster tools will show up access problems, duplicate, missing or badly formed tags and an array of other things that can negatively affect your site's performance.
- Will canonical urls be fixed?
- If the answer is "What's that?" walk away. If this issue is not fixed then www.yoursite.id, yoursite.ie, yoursite.ie/index.php and www.yoursite.ie/index.php are all different pages with exactly the same content on them (for which your site can be penalised in search engines). This is easily fixed. It is a good question to ask to sort out who knows what they are talking about.